These are some amazing recommendations from other women who have gone through Bilateral Salpingo Oophorectomy (BSO) and Prophylactic Bilateral Mastectomy (PBM)/Double Mastectomy.
- Successful Surgery Meditation CD. Listen first am and last pm for 1-2-4 weeks prior to surgery. The woman who recommended this said she was incredibly calm at the time of each surgery. UPDATE: I can now attest to the effectiveness of this CD. I had my BSO in August and started listening to the CD on my iPhone around 10 days before. Belleruth’s voice became my teddy bear by the time I was wheeled into surgery.
WHAT TO PREPARE FOR HOSPITAL: MASTECTOMY
- Things to do Before, Button and Zip Front, What to Pack, At Home
- Breast Surgery Comfort Pillows
- Straws: if you have tightness in your chest and find it hard to take deep breaths after surgery, breathing through a straw is supposed to help. Metal Straw, Glass Straw, Paper Straw
- Bring a BPA-Free Sports Bottle with a Long Straw: Should be a light weight bottle and the long straw is for those first few days when you can’t lift your arms up high or reach.
- Disposable Pink Pockets are peel and stick pockets to hold drains
- Camisole with Drainage Management with step-in entry and removable drainage pouches